Morgan Healey Exclusive
Salary: Excellent, Six Figure Base + Bonus
Our client, a leading STM publisher, requires a new Engagement Director, Editorial. The new Director will be responsible for leading and shaping a new team that will establish, support and drive the global editorial community and deliver an outstanding level of engagement across the editorial community.
The team will be creating a global environment based on data-driven workflows and processes that can be delivered at scale to provide pan-journal functions that support external editor recruitment, training, support and reward. This will include overseeing the development of the editor and researcher communities, supporting the organisation of events and award programs, developing and coordinating the approach to editor training and incentivising reviewers to support editors while working in close cooperation with other internal stakeholders across the business.
You will be responsible for building and leading the Editorial Engagement team. Define team structures for multi-continental coverage, 4 teams (15+ staff members) and scaling once successful. This will require you to recruit highly qualified team members and instil a performance-focused culture that supports the reliable delivery of targets.
The 4 teams will target:
- Recruit – Recruiting External Editors and Editorial Board Members
- Train – Setting up clear and consistent processes, standards and expectations to be delivered to a high standard across the whole journal program
- Support – Set up, maintain and control a global virtual community ecosystem to connect, support and motivate the global Editorial cohort
- Reward – Improve and normalise the way external editors are incentivised by creating a reward package that is based upon journal volumes and growth achievements and enable this to be applied at scale
Skills & Experience:
- Strong leadership abilities and professional line management skills
- Proven engagement management related experience
- Proven ability to build and scale international virtual communities
- Motivated and capable of planning, leading and delivering impact
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders for both strategy and programme delivery
- Evidence of successful implementation of (customer relationship) strategies, programmes or initiatives in large, complex matrix organisations with high dependency on working with colleagues in other departments
- Excellent project management skills
- Track record of working across geographies and with different nationalities and cultures
- Experience with presenting to and working with senior management
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build both internal and external relationships
- Flexibility to travel when needed
- Experience of the organisational complexities in a matrix organisation