Morgan Healey Exclusive
Location: US, UK or Germany
Our client, a global open-access business, requires a new Executive Editor for their leading open-access medical journal.
Working closely with the journal’s external Editor-in-Chief, you will take ultimate responsibility for the editorial decision-making and content of the journal.
You will train and line-manage an in-house team of staff editors, ensuring smooth day-to-day operations, efficient manuscript processing, and a great experience for authors, peer reviewers, editorial board members and statistical advisors.
You will have a key role in shaping and implementing the journal’s editorial strategy and in the external representation of Medicine Journal and the company as a whole.
You will leverage your strong relationships with research, practitioner and policy communities to ensure the journal evolves to meet their needs.
Reporting to the Associate Editorial Director, you will be a senior member of the Editorial leadership and will work collaboratively, with a cross-portfolio mindset, to develop policy and special projects, and to support the equitable Open Research mission.
Skills & Experience:
- University science degree or equivalent, preferably at the MD, PhD, or equivalent level, and with postdoctoral or equivalent experience.
- Strong experience in STM publishing, in an editorial capacity
- Proven track record of excellent strategic thinking and leadership, willingness to think outside of the box in envisioning new offerings or approaches to medical publishing.
- Self-driven and able to lead the analytical assessment required to support the strategic positioning of the journal
- Excellent organisational skills
- A proven track record of managing, developing and motivating teams, including established experience directly managing and supervising staff
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to achieve consensus
- Proactive approach and drive for continuous improvement
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and skills