Morgan Healey Exclusive
Location: New York/Philadelphia – 1 day per week in the office.
Salary: On application
Our client, a global STM Publisher, requires a new Executive Publisher, Medicine Journals who will be responsible for driving and managing the strategic growth and development of a portfolio of journals.
The Executive Publisher also contributes to the overall success of the publishing unit by managing, developing and nurturing a team of individuals. The Executive Publisher will create an environment to successfully engage with society partners, external editors and editorial board members, attracts the best authors, and to deliver their publishing program in a timely and efficient manner.
- Create a positive and energetic team environment, providing trusted management in which your team feel engaged and understand what is expected and the value of their contribution to the business.
- Drive the editorial and publishing development of a portfolio of journals
- Understand and engage regularly with external editors and the research communities that your journals serve
- Understand and engage regularly with your society/institutional publishing partners
- Ensure the implementation of new policies, workflows, systems and processes.
- Contribute to the wider Journals division
Skills & Experience:
- Educated to a minimum of Bachelor’s degree level or equivalent, preferably in a relevant field of study (Sciences)
- Preferably 5 years of experience managing a portfolio of journals Relationship management experience in working with society partners
- Thorough understanding of the research or scientific process as it pertains to our publishing
- Thorough understanding of the needs of editors, authors and referees as key customers
- Strong management and communication skills
- Strong leadership and team-building qualities
- Excellent English language skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong commercial skills
- Enthusiasm and passion for excellence in research and science