Our client, a leading provider of information to the library markets, requires a new Field Sales Executive to cover the French library market, based in the UK.
This UK home based position will ideally be located around the South of the UK as weekly trips to France are needed.
- Create and implement sales strategies and tactics for the territory.
- Plan and attend customer meetings
- Maximize sales through identifying customers’ needs, matching products to those needs, preparing and delivering sales presentations, writing proposals and closing sales
- Represent the company at key industry events such as conferences, exhibitions and trade shows
- Cultivate and maintain extensive product knowledge of a large and growing product list
- Provide detailed sales reports and maintain customer and sales information via CRM systems
- Uncover opportunities and solicit information from public and academic librarians, subject librarians, academic teaching staff and researchers through effective questioning and listening
- Work closely with the rest of the sales team and with other departments such as marketing, customer services, customer care, sales support and product development by offering market feedback and intelligence
Skills & Experience:
- Educated to degree level with three years’ field sales experience – consistently hitting plan
- Field sales experience within the library market
- Experience of and confidence in negotiating large contracts on a national basis
- Good understanding of the world of academia
- A customer-focused attitude with a consultative approach to selling
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage relationships between key stakeholders such as academics and librarians
- The ability to communicate with all levels of personnel both internally and externally
- Flexibility to adapt sales approach to suit the customer and product
- Strong organisational skills with an enthusiastic and self-motivated approach
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to absorb and maintain extensive product knowledge
- Proficient MS Office skills
- Fluency in French and English.
- Full Driving licence