Morgan Healey Exclusive
Salary: £45,000 Basic + Benefits
Location: Hybrid/West London
Our client, a leading society publisher, requires a new Guidelines Programme Manager. Reporting to the Publications Director, this role will support the Clinical Practice Guidelines Committee on strategic and administrative tasks for the development and management of the Guidelines and other scientific documents.
- Overseeing a portfolio of Guidelines and assisting in the development of them; tracking each guideline project and reporting on status and establishing timelines and processes.
- Preparing manuscripts for publication according to scientific publishing standards and Clinical Practice Guidelines specifications and supporting the publication process of all guideline documents.
- Drafting and updating the relevant documentation
- Assisting the CPG Committee Chair and Governance and Operations Manager in the formation of relevant guideline task forces
- Managing the CPG Committee and relevant guideline Task Forces’ meetings
- Liaising with other National/international Societies on joint collaboration and maintaining relationships during guideline production.
- Ensuring joint publications are published concurrently to agreed publication dates, licenses and terms of publishing.
- Identify and liaise with vendors for manuscript text and illustration purposes
- Liaising with the marketing team to promote upcoming guideline publications.
- Work with the wider Publications team to identify potential podcast episodes and webinars related to Guidelines.
- Travel to meetings as required.
Skills & Experience:
- Degree or higher in health-related fields or science
- Minimum three years of scientific or health-related research, development, writing, or analytical experience (including graduate work)
- Knowledge/ experience in medical/ scientific journals publishing.
- Experience with scientific manuscript preparation and workflow, bibliographic requirements, and reference software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English) with internal and external contacts.
- Strong planning, multi-tasking, and organisational skills, including project management and the ability to coordinate multiple projects across multi-year timelines.
- Curiosity for innovative tools applied to document development, presentation and dissemination.