Our client, a global academic publisher based in London, requires a new Head of Books Marketing.
You will lead on devising and delivering an effective EMEA College marketing strategy to achieve revenue and profitability targets for the business. Meet the evolving pedagogical needs and changing business models of the Higher Education academic and student market. Be a key contributor to the overall EMEA College publishing strategy.
- Design, own and set objectives and strategy for the EMEA Books Marketing Department to deliver revenue and profitability for our College publishing program, as it becomes increasingly digital to meet changing needs for academic teaching and student learning.
- As a member of the Global Marketing Senior Management team, lead on projects, strategies and initiatives on behalf of the entire global marketing team
- Oversee the staff resourcing for the team as well as development and performance of all marketing staff, through both direct and non-direct reporting lines. Lead the team effectively to maximise staff retention, motivation, and team morale, ensuring the optimum team structure is in place.
- Lead all aspects of marketing across multiple channels, focusing on sales, lead generation, maximising use of our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system
- Oversee College pricing strategy for the EMEA regions
- Develop and manage the College marketing expense budgets, ensuring the cost effectiveness of the department, as well as identifying and delivering on efficiency initiatives
- Work closely with the Head of Sales to agree shared goals and objectives
- Collaborate and build strong relationships with a range of senior stakeholders in UK and US to identify and exploit synergies across the business
- Effectively represent Books Marketing on relevant inter-departmental and senior management committees.
Skills & Experience:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Professional qualification in marketing desirable though not essential
- Significant marketing management experience essential, and direct marketing and publishing industry preferred.
- A strong strategic focus, with ability to influence and gain buy-in for proposals from stakeholders up to Senior Management level.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Proven previous experience in leading, developing and managing a team.
- Ability to analyse and interpret data, draw conclusions and make recommendations.
- Experience in budgetary planning and control.
- Demonstrated project management skills required.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office applications.