Morgan Healey Exclusive
Salary: £80,000 – £90,000 Base + Benefits
We are recruiting for a new Head of Content Acquisition & Strategy for a fast-growing, consumer subscription tech company that has millions of users around the globe, and billions of online historical records.
The Head of Content Acquisition & Strategy is a key leadership role leading the content strategy focused on delivering content partnerships that support core products by delivering customer growth and enhanced commercial performance.
You’ll work closely with peers across the business as well as commercial partners governmental entities, and other organisations to find historical records and content.
You’ll evaluate a broad set of opportunities and identify those most likely to deliver growth and commercial performance while creating a mutually beneficial relationship with the partner.
We want someone to challenge the status quo, bringing new ideas and new ways of working to the table. You’ll be empowered to make decisions and will use your strong commercial acumen, leadership, and collaboration skills to help the company grow and scale.
- Lead a small team of expert individuals tasked with acquiring and publishing UK records and newspapers to benefit customers and partners.
- Develop content acquisition strategy to align with company priorities and expand our key content themes through data-driven business cases.
- Build partnerships with key content owners to ensure relationships are mutually beneficial, well-understood and supported across the company. Consistently look for ways to engage partners to help build our business further.
- Negotiate license agreements with large and small content providers to secure high-demand content for our product.
- Maintain a customer-centric focus, working collaboratively with your team and cross-functional teams to plan and execute the department’s vision and strategy.
- Consistently raise the bar through your own performance and by developing existing and/or recruiting new talent.
Skills & Experience:
- Experience in a Publishing, Commissioning or Content Acquisition role.
- You have a bias for execution – you understand and execute on the top priorities. You act proactively and in alignment with the company strategy.
- You build trust easily, especially among subject matter experts.
- You can develop large, strategic partnerships into lasting, valuable relationships.
- You are data-driven, using data science to craft and test arguments and strategies.
- Recognised natural collaborator inside the company across various functions (marketing, product/engineering, legal, finance, HR). You don’t try to accomplish things on your own but partner easily with others to get work done. People look to you as the “go-to” person for help.
- Lead by example – you’re great at attracting and developing talent, you delegate well and hold them accountable but you’re also willing to set the bar as an individual contributor.