Morgan Healey Exclusive
Location: UK, Netherlands or Germany
Salary: On application
Our client, a global STM Publisher, requires a new Head of Content Acquisition Support for a new team responsible for delivering dedicated support to the Content Acquisition team.
Leading a team of Process and Success Managers, you will work closely with key stakeholders to ensure all parties are aligned and projects are delivered within agreed timelines, which will help contribute to the commercial success of the Content Acquisition team.
The goal of the team is to help deliver next-generation digital publishing and as a result, grow the number of published articles, especially in open access (OA). Working closely with the Journals Group, Production, IT, Marketing and Customer Service, the team will support increasing the number of transfers of articles between journals, commissioning new collections and strengthening editor engagement. As well as supporting and enhancing the end-to-end publishing process, the team will align, agree, plan and drive the implementation of new/improved workflows, processes, systems, and tools within the end-to-end publishing process.
- Leading and managing a potentially growing team including a process manager and a success manager, supporting them in achieving their goals.
- Coaching your team to deliver support on time, in scope and ensuring excellent quality throughout
- Collaborating with internal departments and external stakeholders to achieve operational goals, that drives operational excellence and further improves processes and workflows.
- Consulting with customers and stakeholders to understand their problems, collect, and analyse data to drive meaningful insights
- Collaborating with the management team to identify and remove systemic barriers to your team’s success
Skills & Experience:
- Experience in international publishing ideally with another STM publisher or society Experience of coordinating complex projects across many internal departments and with external suppliers
- Demonstrate excellent experience in leading and coaching a team to achieve success
- Have the ability to think strategically about a wide range of issues
- Experienced in working in a matrix organisation, preferably with multiple development teams
- Fluent in English (both written and oral)
- Working experience in an international business or environment
- Good understanding of publishing ethics and integrity issues
- Preferably familiar with STM publisher’s collections