Location: Homeworking – UK or Germany
Salary: On application
Our client, a leading STM publisher, requires a new Head of Content Acquisition to set-up and then run a highly efficient and dedicated team of Content Acquisition Editors.
Working with the Content Acquisition Editors you will bring in high-quality original research articles. You will set up and oversee a content development, article solicitation and commissioning strategy, monitoring, and refining the strategy as necessary to ensure a continuous pipeline of new article content to meet defined targets.
The role will also be hands-on in both analysing scientific fields and growth areas and engaging with researchers to build awareness of the benefits of open science publishing approaches to contribute to that article pipeline.
You will have demonstrable experience of developing and delivering a content development strategy and have experience of managing a team and building effective workflows. You must have an active interest in open data and open science.
Skills & Experience:
- A minimum of 4-5 years demonstrable experience of commissioning original research, with an existing network of relevant contacts
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Experience of line managing an efficient and effective commissioning team
- Experience of monitoring and refining commissioning workflows
- Excellent analytical skills, and strong familiarity with key databases and tools to analyse and monitor scientific fields and identify growth areas
- Strong organisational skills, efficiency and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise effectively and to work to deadlines
- A positive and proactive approach to problem solving both in daily tasks and more complex trouble-shooting
- Able to work cooperatively with colleagues at all levels
- A high level of computer literacy