Location: Cambridge, UK
Salary: On application
Our client, a global society publisher, is looking for an engaging and successful manager to lead their Open Access Journals team.
Reporting to the Director of Publishing, you will be responsible for developing and implementing the vision and business strategy for the Open Access journal portfolio in line with the Journal strategy and positioning the society as a thought leader in Open Access and a proactive contributor to the wider Open Science debate.
This role will involve influencing and liaising with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders at all levels and across all departments.
The ideal candidate will have a significant background in Open Access and Open Science environment with management and strategic thinking skills, excellent decision-making and organisational skills, a proactive style and the ability to use their initiative.
Skills & Experience:
- Significant STM publishing experience, with leadership and managerial experience of teams handling strategic portfolios and business development.
- Significant knowledge of the Open Access and Open Science environment and a proven track record of developing Open Access services and policies
- Sound knowledge of budgets, management accounts, and cost management and must be able to apply this knowledge to new business developments and management accounts
- High degree of staff management and coaching skill and ability to apply this to recruitment, training, motivation and development of staff
- Demonstrable broad range of functional knowledge and awareness of external influences particularly with respect to research and funding trends in the chemical sciences, and STM journals publishing
- Extensive knowledge of all aspects of editorial policy, procedures and practice
- Sound business acumen, strong ability to influence at a senior level and demonstrable negotiation skills
- Understanding of the working of committees and governance Boards