Morgan Healey Retained Assignment
Location: UK Based / Hybrid working
Our client, a leading scientific publisher and society, requires a new Head of Practitioner & Professional Markets.
Reporting to the Executive Director of Knowledge Services and Solutions you will Be responsible for the growth and management of the business through the leadership of the Practitioner/Professional senior management team, including Standards and Compliance (Technical Regulations and Standards), Codes & Guidance and the Library and Archives.
You will be responsible for a direct team of 6, and 50 staff. Budget and financial performance responsibility, in the region of revenue £4-8million.
- To define and build a transformational growth strategy and team for the Practitioner/Professional Markets
- Devise, own and lead the unit business plan, overseeing the management of all activities and ensuring all KPIs and financial targets are met, in liaison with commercial and marketing teams as appropriate
- To lead, manage, motivate and develop the Team
- To deliver the agreed strategy as set out in the annual plan
- To agree on budgets and forecasts for the financial year, including revenues and costs by product and territory
- To monitor industry trends and provide market intelligence to the business to help achieve commercial and service targets, identifying and sharing professional publishing best practice
- Produce and respond to requests for monthly reports, statistics and information on progress in all areas of activity
- Recruit, develop and support a full complement of senior staff reporting into the position
- To build and maintain strong relationships with all internal departments across the business
Skills & Experience:
- Proven senior commercial management experience of running a business/operational group/B2B information unit, ideally in either the Science, Engineering, or Standards information focused businesses at scale.
- Experience of developing transformational strategic and operational plans, with evidence of successful solutions delivery, including successful revenue and profit/contribution enhancement.
- Good range of information solutions experience, eg., print, in-person and digital, and training market, with experience of both content/solution and advertising revenues.
- Experience working in a market-facing role in an internationally focussed operation.
- Knowledge and understanding of recent developments in the information market
- Experience of recruiting, developing and managing senior and experienced sector staff and teams.
- Society/Membership organisation experience not essential but could be of use.