Morgan Healey Exclusive
Location: UK, Netherlands or Germany
Salary: On application
Our client, a global STM Publisher, requires a new Head of Publishing Process Optimisation for a new team responsible for delivering dedicated support to the Content Acquisition and Publishing Performance teams.
The aim is to drive article growth across the portfolio. You create and drive continuous improvement with publishing performance teams and their respective stakeholders. You will align, agree, plan and drive the implementation of new/improved workflows, processes, systems, and tools within the end-to-end publishing process.
You will be responsible for the delivery of dedicated support to the Content Acquisition team within the Publishing Performance teams and support the delivery of best-in-class publishing processes through continuous improvement, analysis, training, and project support.
The team will consist of a Content Acquisition Process Optimisation Manager and a Content Acquisition Success Manager, as well as a Publishing Process Optimisation team of approximately 5-7 members. The Head of Publishing Process Optimisation will also act as the point of contact for a team of Journal Support Advisors based in India.
In this role, you will work closely with key stakeholders and make sure that all parties are aligned and projects will be delivered within the agreed timelines. This team will contribute to the commercial success of the Content Acquisition team.
- Leading and managing a team as mentioned above to guide and support them in achieving their goals
- Collaborating with internal departments and external stakeholders to achieve operational goals, that drives operational excellence and further improves processes and workflows
- Coaching your team to deliver support on time, in scope and ensuring excellent quality throughout
- Consulting with customers and stakeholders to understand their problems, collect, and analyse data to drive meaningful insights
- Collaborating with the management team to identify and remove systemic barriers to your team’s success
Skills & Experience:
- Experience in international publishing ideally with another STM publisher or society Experience of coordinating complex projects across many internal departments and with external suppliers
- Demonstrate excellent experience in leading and coaching a team to achieve success
- Have the ability to think strategically about a wide range of issues
- Experienced in working in a matrix organisation, preferably with multiple development teams
- Fluent in English (both written and oral)
- Working experience in an international business or environment
- Good understanding of publishing ethics and integrity issues
- Preferably familiar with STM publisher’s collections