Morgan Healey Exclusive
Our client, a leading STM publisher, requires a new Head of Researcher Services & Networks. This role is responsible for developing and delivering growth strategy for China to innovate and deliver on core and new researcher product and services.
- Liaising closely with the Director, design and deliver a regional growth strategy to support the delivery of the wider strategic commercial objectives
- Defining and delivering value into the regional research ecosystem (researchers, librarians, research institutions, funders and government) to deliver long-term revenue growth
- Establish, maintain and develop high level relationships with key customer groups; researchers and research leaders, funders, societies and institutions, commercial, professional and academic as well as government and regulatory bodies
- Develop and maintain market awareness through business and industry publications, networking within research communities and research leadership.
- Provide market feedback to the Director and broader Research Services senior leadership team regarding competitive offerings, market trends & prospect needs.
- Understand how current and future market trends in the region impact our current and potential customers Delivery of Strategic Partnerships and Initiatives.
- Monitor and report on KPIs including revenue, costs, overheads, usage and user behaviors to inform future strategic development.
Skills & Experience:
- Experience working within the STM/Academic industry and in-depth knowledge of the Chinese market.
- Strong commercial focus and experience in managing the P&L within a strategic business unit
- An understanding of technologies, trends and developments in the areas of online publishing, scholarly communication and research
- A firm grasp of strategic issues affecting the global research sector.
- The ability to communicate and form strong working relationships and networks effectively at all levels, both internally and externally
- Results-oriented with the ability to manage from strategic development to detailed execution
- A proven track record of delivering high performance both personally and commercially
- Effective management of cost and revenue growth
- Possess excellent commercial understanding and awareness
- A confident presenter (both formally and informally)