Location: Home Based, Europe
Salary: On application
Our client, a European University Press requires a new Head of Sales & Marketing on a part time-basis.
You will introduce strategies that increase sales and revenues of the Press, as well as to market the Press and all its publications with a focus on open access and digital marketing while updating traditional marketing materials as needed.
- Develop a platform centred around the sales and marketing strategy with the aim of strengthening the community around the Press, increasing awareness of the Press, and engagement with content published.
- Optimise current and new sales and distribution channels to ensure the best results for the Press and its customers.
- Maintain oversight of changing format and delivery requirements and implement these at the Press, as needed.
- Identify new opportunities for business development, with a focus on increasing revenues and impact of content published.
- Monitor performance of distributors and e-vendors.
- Optimise all sales and distribution channels to ensure maximum sales and revenue and smooth delivery to customers.
- Improve the visibility of the Press and its authors
- Develop new style guidelines and exciting marketing collateral for the Press
- Develop an approach for the Press’ mailings to authors with the aim of increasing engagement, and increasing signups and submissions
- Schedule regular promotional campaigns, e.g. to promote the Press, its content, acquire new authors or library supporters for Opening the Future
- Analyse sales and usage of titles together with the team and implement ways to increase the performance of these metrics
- Maintain oversight of changing format and delivery requirements and implements changes accordingly
- Prepare and submit an annual sales and marketing plan in line with the mission of the Press
Skills & Experience:
- At least 7 years of sales and marketing experience
- Proven track record to formulate and implement successful sales and marketing strategies
- Ability to work independently and collegially to introduce change on a high level and in daily operations
- Experience of the sales and distribution processes in scholarly publishing
- Experience with setting up digital marketing strategies
- Creative, self-starter that aims to make a difference