Morgan Healey Exclusive
Our client, a leading STM Publisher, requires a new Information Services Manager reporting to the Head of Marketing.
You will lead the information services team (4 people) delivering high-quality Business Intelligence content such as reports, dashboards and self-service data sets, with accompanying analysis. Managing business-as-usual, strategic and innovation initiatives through a BI roadmap, developed collaboratively with business customers and represented to IT development teams. The information services manager will use BI as a tool to deliver against organisational goals, supporting the move towards a more data-driven organisation.
You will own the integration and analysis of sales, circulation, customer, market, usage and bibliometrics data. The person in this role is responsible for initiating and developing the analytics strategy for the global business, in close cooperation with the Head of Marketing Communications and Information services, and other key stakeholders of the business, and then implementing that strategy with the cooperation of leaders across the business. The role requires significant experience with the techniques and best practices of data analytics, as well as a fundamental understanding of the STM publishing market.
This person must also have a basic understanding of the strategic fundamentals of each area of the business. Effective team leadership skills are essential, as the Information Services team will need to collaborate with colleagues business-wide. This role requires a high degree of commercial acumen, collaborative instincts and excellent communication skills.
Skills & Experience:
- Educated to degree level.
- Experience working in the STM market is desirable
- Extensive experience of analytics, data science and managing data infrastructure
- Expertise in business models and bibliometrics
- Track record of success in building a high-performing team of analysts
- Advanced knowledge of analytics methodologies, and relevant emerging technologies
- Experience in research or market/competitive intelligence
- A good knowledge and application of market data tools, news and company data sources and research techniques
- Organised and pro-active, determined to add value and able to balance competing demands on time and respond positively in a fast-paced and evolving environment
- Strong collaboration skills, and a heightened sense of emotional intelligence and diplomacy
- First class verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Skilled at collaborative working
- Creative problem solver