Morgan Healey Exclusive
Our client, a leading research and analytics business, requires a new Information Technology Project Manager who will be the group leader for the company's digital product development team.
You will be responsible for owning the planning, organization and day-to-day processes required for developing both client-facing and internal information technology projects. The role is expected to plan, implement, and execute a structured development paradigm, such as Agile or Waterfall.
As project owner, the person who fills this role will be responsible for guiding projects through their entire lifecycle and delivering launch-ready digital solutions. Beyond leading programmers and coders, this role is expected to collaborate with other team-members working in design, UX and marketing.
Further, as a group leader, the IT Project Manager will be responsible for assessing team capabilities, identifying holes in team competencies, and filling these holes through either training or requesting hires.
Overall, this is a role whose capacity and scope of authority is expected to expand in proportion to their projects’ ability to drive growth. It is one that requires team-building, organization and collaboration. It should be the applicant’s goal to grow a small and agile development team into a world-class development ensemble.
- Experience in a structured development environment.
- Comfort with project management tools such as Jira or Asana.
- Demonstrated organizational and planning skills.
- Flexibility and dynamism to quickly “change gears” when needed.
- Ability to lead and direct remote workers (i.e., not face-to-face).
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills.
- Ability to condense and convey technical problems and solutions to non-technical stakeholders.
- Thorough understanding of the business case for projects, beyond their technical considerations