Our client, a leading STM publisher with offices in Beijing, requires a new Internal Communications Manager.
Reporting to the Head of Internal Communications, you will actively contribute to the development and delivery of the Internal Communications strategy.
You will be responsible for defining and driving an editorial calendar that supports business priorities and creating or commissioning the resulting stories that need to be told.
- Establish and manage a global editorial committee and editorial calendar.
- Commission, create and edit content for engaging stories across the organisation.
- Edit and approve content from other colleagues, including senior leaders.
- Manage communications across a variety of forms (print, online, audio, video, presentations, etc.)
- Use all available communications channels effectively, including web, social media, print, email and face-to-face, and be involved in evaluating and deploying new channels.
- Build effective working relationships globally.
- Contribute to initiatives and projects aimed at addressing specific communication needs.
Skills & Experience:
- A suitable professional qualification in communications or related field
- A good understanding of the role internal communication plays in corporate messaging and staff engagement
- Experience with community, social media and collaboration tools, notably Microsoft Office 365 and all MS Office packages
- Experience of working in a Corporate Communications role, communications agency, in-house newsroom or similar
- Perfect English language writing and editing skills
- Strong story-telling skills, and the ability to make content engaging and accessible to a wide variety of internal stakeholders
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to build relationships with and influence senior stakeholders
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Able to work autonomously across cultures and time zones