Morgan Healey Exclusive
Our client, a global scientific publisher, requires a new Journals Publisher to develop and expand the company's growing Open Access portfolio.
As a Journals Publisher you will contribute towards developing and implementing the company's Publishing strategy. You will lead the editorial teams and the strategic development of the OA Journals products and services within your area of responsibility, and work collaboratively to launch new journals in line with our strategy.
This role demands a proactive publishing professional with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Skills & Experience:
- Physical or life science degree or higher, ideally in chemistry.
- The role holder will have significant STM publishing experience, with managerial experience of teams handling strategic portfolio and business development.
- Sound knowledge of budgets, management accounts, and cost management and must be able to apply this knowledge to new business developments, journal budgets, and management accounts
- High degree of staff management skill and must apply this to recruitment, training, supervision, motivation and development of staff
- Demonstrable broad range of functional knowledge and awareness of external influences particularly with respect to research and funding trends in the chemical sciences
- Demonstrable business awareness of developments in STM publications production in general.
- Broad knowledge of developments in electronic publishing and must be able to recommend the implementation of any changes necessary where external factors may impact on publishing operation
- Extensive knowledge of all aspects of commissioning activities, editorial policy, procedures and practice
- Sound business acumen, strong ability to influence at a senior level and demonstrable negotiation skills
- Understanding of the working of committees, especially Editorial Boards, and must manage effective meetings