Salary: Up to £80,000 Basic + £140,000 OTE
Our client, a leading healthcare information business, requires a new Key Account Director with extensive pharmaceutical knowledge and experience to manage our key pharmaceutical accounts, maintain long term relationships and maximise sales revenue and opportunities within them.
You will play a critical role in client retention and revenue growth and will have the opportunity to work with our large pharma clients. This new role is of the utmost importance to our growth strategy as it helps to 'ring-fence' our most important valued partners and ideally, find even more opportunities to help them disseminate vital and timely information to medical professionals around the globe.
- Responsible for the development and achievement of sales through the direct sales channel
- Focus on growing and developing existing clients, together with generating new business
- Write business plans for all current and opportunity tender business
- Liaise with clients at a senior level on a day-to-day business
- Compile reports on account progress, goals and forecasts
- Develop a thorough understanding of key clients’ needs and requirements and preparing customised solutions
- Using both traditional and creative techniques to develop relationships and loyalty with customer stakeholders
- Attending industry events and trade shows, networking on social media, getting warm introductions, etc.
- Building and managing inter-company multi-level relationships building trust and loyalty
Skills & Experience:
- STM/Pharma Industry knowledge with proven experience in Account Management and relationship building
- Experience of managing major accounts at Head Office level
- Highly self-motivated
- A background in publishing/advertising/healthcare or pharma sales
- Able to build rapport and establish credibility with account stakeholders at all levels
- A keen attention to detail and budgetary restraints
- Quick thinking, positive and persuasive
- Collaborative, fast-moving, energetic and comfortable with change
- Excited to go above and beyond for customers