Our client, a leading provider of services to the book publishing industry, requires a new Key Account Sales Manager.
The Key Account Sales Manager will concentrate on maximising new customer acquisition and set up of new print on-demand titles from publishers with a particular focus on medium and large size accounts. Manage existing publisher accounts and present the suite of print and digital products and services to prospects, small and medium sized publishers.
- Manage a portfolio of customers in order to maximise their value in terms of number of titles submitted and live, units ordered and cash value of orders placed as agreed in sales budget and forecasts.
- Make cold calls and presentations to target leads and manage the sales process to account opening and signed contracts.
- Work closely with UK Customer/Client Services team and where appropriate the US Sales team on global accounts to support customers/clients.
- Work with the Marketing department to generate more leads and to set-up meetings with target organisations
- Attend trade events associate with assigned territories.
- Negotiate pricing and contracts with reference to the Deal Forms process as appropriate
Skills & Experience:
- 3-5 years experience in sales OR book industry
- College / University degree preferred
- Proven track record in previous sales role
- Knowledge of the book industry
- Knowledge of principles and methods for promoting and selling products or services
- Requires sales focused and customer centric approach.
- Flexible and proactive
- Must possess effective oral and written communication skills and be computer literate.
- Must be able to manage workload by establishing priorities; be detail-oriented; and possess the ability to operate successfully within a fast-paced environment.
- A flexible approach to work, hours and be adaptable to change are critical attributes.
- Adherence to deadlines and meeting key deliverables.
- Interpersonal skills / Influencing / negotiation skills
- Critical thinking, analytical, time management and organizational skills
- Personal computing skills to include MS office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Experience in using CRM for sales forecasting, reporting and pipeline management