Location: Germany, Home Based
Salary: On application
Our client, a leading open-access publisher, requires a new Library Marketing Manager.
The Library Marketing Manager is responsible for managing and executing strategic outreach programs, aligned with partnership priorities. We are looking for a talented, creative and data-driven marketing professional, committed to advancing scholarly communication.
Closely aligned with the Strategic Partnerships department, the Library Marketing Manager uses data, customer insight and pre-developed marketing strategy to deliver highly effective marketing program based on clearly defined objectives that:
- Updates the library community on key organisational developments and offerings
- Generates leads
- Provides the Strategic Partnerships department with sales materials
- Incorporates influencer and content marketing approaches
- Uses defined market segmentation to define campaign audiences
- Mechanises and automates messages for scale and efficiency where possible
- Leverages multi-channel marketing
- Uses and manages vendor services as appropriate, including translation services
- Communicates benefits of new partnerships with authors and contributors on an ongoing basis
The Library Marketing Manager will work closely and collaboratively with stakeholders across the organisation to refine and hone outreach strategy and programs.
Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years product marketing expertise including 3+ years of library marketing experience, and ideally, academic journal marketing experience (including Open Access).
- An understanding and awareness of industry trends; and demonstrated success in executing high impact outreach programs.
- An interest in scientific and open access publishing
- Passionate for customer – and community-centric outreach
- Demonstrated planning and implementation experience
- Strong analytical, writing skills and organisational skills.