Our client, a leading academic publisher, requires a new Library Sales Executive (Faculty Liaison Executive) to cover the Nordics, based out of the Netherlands.
- To engage with academic calling to support the sale of library products which are driven by faculty recommendations
- To hit sales targets of all of Key Learning products
- To liaise with the Territory Regional Sales Manager about qualified leads and assist in closing the final sale, where applicable.
- To attend library conferences as necessary as agreed with the Regional Sales Manager. This might involve presentations to faculty and relevant subject librarians.
- To liaise with Library marketing managers on territory activities, and input into the quarterly marketing plan to aid coordination of marketing campaigns as well as accounts that require extra help with faculty engagement
Skills & Experience:
- Excellent communicator at all levels with great presentation and negotiation skills
- Well organised, with an ability to prioritise a varied and sometimes heavy workload, with strong forward planning skills
- Someone with a high level of initiative. This is required when attending events, campus calling and meeting new key contacts, particularly for the business suite of products
- A team player who is highly motivated to work on their own for lengthy periods in Territory whether at home or visiting customers.
- Ability to be adaptable to a fast-changing market and flexibility in approach
- A general understanding of the Library market and publishing would be beneficial as well as a knowledge of consultative, needs based selling.
- Advanced level proficiency in Excel and an understanding of Salesforce.com or an equivalent CRM system, plus a sound knowledge of using Microsoft Office packages.
- Someone who loves travelling and his happy to stay away for a high proportion of time across the territory of Scandinavia and Benelux during peak university semesters.