Morgan Healey Retained Assignment
Location: Hybrid / London Office
Salary: Excellent – on application
IWA Publishing is a wholly owned subsidiary of the International Water Association (IWA). IWA is the most significant association for water professionals globally, drawing members from 130 nations.
The Board is now seeking a new Managing Director to head the business.
The Managing Director of IWA Publishing provides strategic direction and leadership to a team of 13 people and is responsible for all hands-on and day-to-day operational aspects of the company to ensure that IWAP continues to deliver the highest quality of scientific publications in a rapidly changing scientific publishing environment.
For a more detailed job description please email email@example.com or apply below.
Skills & Experience:
- At least 10 years of experience in (senior) management position of which at least 5 years in a leadership role in an STM publishing house including working in an SME.
- Proven track record in the development and management of an international publishing business, achieving ambitious revenue and profit growth targets
- In-depth knowledge of STM journals and book publishing;
- Good financial planning and analytical skills with experience in delivering to budget on long- and short-term plans
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills with an ability to engage with a wide diversity of people in the scientific community and well beyond
- Capable of developing and maintaining a strong and collaborative working relationship with the IWA Executive Director and Senior Management team
- Strong entrepreneurial skills with experience in innovation, finding niches, and acquiring, developing and bringing to the market of new products
- Capable of running IWAP as a business within the constraints and opportunities arising from the close relationship with IWA, its “membership service” parent company.