Morgan Healey Exclusive
Salary: On Application
Our client, a global scientific publisher, requires a new Managing Editor in Life Sciences to develop an open-access journal programme in China.
You will be responsible for delivering growth in high-quality article submissions and revenues using special collection and standalone article commissioning techniques.
You will also peer-review articles submitted by authors for a small number of key open access titles, as well as provide support to prospective authors in China.
You will build relationships with authors and other key figures in the research communities to increase the profile of the company in the Chinese STM communities.
Skills & Experience:
- Educated in a biomedical discipline (medical/biomedical journals)
- PhD preferred
- Native Chinese speakers, also with fluent spoken and written English
- Experience in journals publishing, ideally in an open-access environment
- Good commercial awareness
- High-level communication and interpersonal skills
- Strategic awareness, including a detailed understanding of industry trends and best practice
- Excellent prioritisation skills and a high level of adaptability
- Ability to travel within China and internationally