Salary: £45,000 Basic + Benefits
Our client, a leading society publisher, requires a new experienced Managing Editor to support the Publications Director in the day-to-day operations and strategic development of the two journals and one online video textbook.
You will oversee day-to-day running of the publications, including the submission to publication process; working with the virtual editorial office at the publisher for the two journals; and supporting on the commissioning of tutorials.
This role is ideally suited for an experienced journals manager, with knowledge of the major publishing trends, including open access publishing.
The candidate should ideally have experience in using Editorial Manager and be comfortable with presenting at key editor meetings.
This role will be offered on a hybrid basis with 2 office-based days and 3 remote working days.
Skills & Experience:
- Educated to a degree level, or equivalent qualifications or experience.
- 1-2 years of demonstrable experience in scientific journal publishing.
- Knowledge of major publishing trends, including open access publishing.
- Experience in using Editorial Manager.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Strong communication skills with internal and external contacts.
- Highly efficient and organised, with an ability to multitask.
- Able to confidently lead meetings and present to an audience.