Morgan Healey Exclusive
Location: London, UK
Salary: On application
Our client a global open access publisher requires a new Marketing Manager to take responsibility for managing the development and deployment of all marketing activity related to the engagement of all our Editors and reviewers.
Working with the Head of Researcher Marketing, the role holder will be responsible for creating the strategic vision for the company's Editors and reviewers, as well as achieving annual marketing objectives and KPIs through the implementation of integrated, multi-channel marketing campaigns (across email, search, social, recommendation engines, print, etc.)
- Develop and implement objectives-driven global marketing strategies to improve positioning, awareness and impact with our Editors and reviewers – with the ultimate aim of increasing engagement and loyalty
- Create and carry out marketing plans and activity to drive and enhance the Editor/reviewer experience
- Where necessary, implement different marketing approaches for different geographical regions to ensure the best outcomes possible
- Collaborate with the publishing and editorial teams on product positioning and campaign requirements Working with the Marketing Operations Manager and Paid Media Manager to set up and maintain a program of relevant automated multi-channel marketing campaigns
- Work with the other Marketing Managers to ensure successful engagement with and development of all customers and users
- Create and implement marketing strategy and plans for engaging and rewarding reviewers
- Where required, ensure that marketing insights and customer needs are clearly represented at the creation and development planning stages of relevant new products
- Work closely with the Visual Design team to create and implement consistent and impactful visual identities for all marketing campaigns and collateral
- Where relevant, collaborate with the Brand Marketing Manager on activity related to the wider community and in utilising company-wide materials for researcher-focussed campaigns
Skills & Experience:
- Strong work ethic with the ability to handle multiple priorities and respond quickly to changing requirements.
- Keeps key objectives and targets in mind when developing strategies, plans and activities.
- International marketing experience is an essential requirement for the role and solid evidence and experience of multi-channel and integrated marketing skills is required.
- An understanding of Open Science and wider publishing and research landscape, and the elements and actors within it, is also desirable.
- Team player that responds well to a varied workload and plays a pivotal role in serving our customers and developing our journal products.