Morgan Healey Exclusive
Location: Home Based, UK
Salary: £40,000 Basic + Benefits
Our client, a leading STM society, requires a News and Current Affairs Editor with a background in science reporting.
We are looking for a talented news editor who will help shape their brand new international digital scientific publication. The successful candidate will be responsible for commissioning, editing and occasionally writing fast accurate and impartial news articles.
Ideally, you will have a particular area of expertise within the life sciences. We especially want to hear from those with a specialist in the medical or applied sciences.
The successful candidate will have impeccable editorial standards and time management skills and an ability to work collaboratively with global stakeholders and authors.
This position will form part of the senior editorial team and will report to the Director of Communications and Business Development.
Skills & Experience:
- Significant editing experience at a popular science publication or similar
- Excellent knowledge and demonstrable experience and understanding of digital journalism, SEO and audience engagement.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Significant writing experience and/or experience working on a scientific periodical
- A passionate interest in the life sciences
- A desire to explore new ways to communicate science on digital platforms
- A proven track record of identifying unique reporting and story angles that can be pursued exclusively for digital