Home Based: East Coast, USA
Morgan Healey Exclusive
Our client, a global information business requires a new Partnership Manager/Director. The role of the Partnership Manager/Director is to manage and grow relationships with publishers and content providers in the USA and Europe to acquire content.
This position is responsible for the development and execution of new business strategies in line with the global content strategy. You will be well networked specifically, around engagement with potential publisher partners and institutions across USA & Europe.
- Proactively identify and develop strategic relationships with key publishers and content providers in the region
- To secure targeted and profitable Content Licensing Agreements with new content and information providers.
- To build and manage long term, profitable relationships with Content and Information Partners.
- Negotiating and delivering Agreements through highly effective written, telephone and face to face communications.
- Developing strategic and tactical plans for effectively recruiting a large number of content providers to meet product deliverables.
- This position focuses on both new partner development through developing relationships with content providers who have no current experience with the business.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with content providers, publishers and partners in the information industry to secure content agreements required to meet product goals and deadlines.
- Negotiate and develop customised License Agreements that ensure best possible commercial terms for the business and accommodate content providers’ needs.
- Closely manage and develop a portfolio of Key Accounts.
- Understand business objectives of the products and translate them into compelling, persuasive proposals and presentations for recruiting and retaining content partners.
- Liaise as required with other relevant departments in the business.
- Prepare reports for senior management to summarise market conditions, analyse problems and propose solutions.
- Monitor the information industry to maintain an expert understanding of the industry players, their strengths, strategies, market orientation and direction.
- Travel requirement approximately 20% of the year.
Skills & Experience:
- Requires 5+ years publishing/information industry experience in business development or sales, licensing negotiations, editorial/publishing
- Successful track record of developing effective face to face presentations, business proposals and closing high level Agreements.
- Excellent written, oral and face to face communication skills.
- Highly motivated individual with high levels of personal initiative/proactivity and innovation.
- Candidate must have very strong goal orientation.
- Strong analytical abilities.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Experience in negotiating contracts that involve intellectual property.
- Familiarity with online applications, search platforms, and various data format and transfer standards.
- Existing high-level contacts with potential content providers.