Morgan Healey Exclusive
Salary: £65,000 – £75,000 Basic + Benefits
Our client, Cochrane, a global leader in organising medical research findings to facilitate evidence-based choices, requires a new Product Lead.
The Product Lead is responsible for the cross-product vision and development of the Cochrane Library and the complete publishing systems and technologies ecosystem, from peer review through to third-party dissemination.
You will create and maintain the product strategy, which supports and advances the organisation’s strategic agenda, and define the systems architecture and development approaches, and technical resource allocation to ensure the overall success of the product.
The Product Lead will champion the role of product management and the Cochrane Library within Cochrane. They will be responsible for driving and ensuring a strategic fit between the market environment, the organisation’s capabilities, business needs and the product marketing and sales strategy.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 5 years direct product management experience Publishing experience in scientific and medical publications and awareness of health knowledge and decision support products
- Demonstrated track record in developing product strategies and success in defining, launching and managing products, and managing a product roadmap.
- Detailed knowledge of the mission and vision of organisation and in-depth understanding of the needs of its users and the processes that underpin its production.
- Proven ability to make decisions, think strategically and take senior-level responsibility
- IT literacy and the ability to gain an understanding of the technological aspects of the product, both in terms of its production and publication, and the 3rd party publishing systems used to deliver the end to end content publishing workflows from submission to publication.
- Influencing and negotiation skills, sufficient to coordinate work undertaken by other stakeholders and cross-functional teams in the development cycle
- Very strong communication and presentation skills, and the ability to translate content deliverables to business and technology focussed colleagues
- Ability to analyse, pull together and present the key content, business and technology elements to inform sound strategic decisions
- Strong project and programme management skills.