Our client, a global academic publisher, requires a new Product Manager for their Campus & Online Courses program
You will lead the definition and delivery of enhancement projects, as assigned, for Campus & Online Courses, working towards achieving the business goals and KPIs set out for the product, collaborating closely with colleagues across the business to do so.
You will be a product expert within the Campus team and wider Business, working with colleagues to advise and deliver on our long-term strategy for the online course products. To ensure we can deliver our product in a way that meets current market needs and expectations, positions us for growth and scale, and ensures the future success of our digital learning portfolio.
This is a future looking, strategic role in our team dedicated to transformational innovation.
- Manage the incubation process for new product ideas; leading ideation sessions, understanding and prioritising researchers problems working with team members to design solutions mapped to researchers problems, design and test business models, participate in UX and product concept testing, design product prototypes, test market fit, work with developers to build minimal viable products (MVPs), and launch products in beta.
- Make decisions by analysing data from product experiments and conducting user research.
- Build a community of future users and customers and interact regularly with them to ensure full understanding of their wants, needs and perspectives in order to be an effective voice within the business advocating their viewpoint and prioritising the challenges that could be solved by products we create.
- Identify investment and acquisition opportunities by building relationships with existing product teams who are solving problems for social science researchers.
Skills & Experience:
- Strong knowledge of product management best practices.
- Experience or deep knowledge of the academic sector, especially the research lifecycle
- The ability to work independently, and also closely with colleagues to make things happen
- Good judgement and analytic skills, especially ability to translate MVP and concept testing experiments into product decisions
- Experience working or supporting technical and non-technical colleagues to build and launch MVPs that have turned into successful products
- Good understanding and interest in the latest technology trends
- Strong communication skills
- Comfortable with a fast paced environment and adaptable to change
- Prototyping and design skills beneficial
- Experience with lean tools and methodology beneficial