Location: London, UK
Salary: On application
Our client, a leading academic publisher, requires a new Product Manager to lead the discovery and incubation of new product ideas for social science researchers.
This role is aimed at uncovering future potential revenue streams and generating new networks the business can leverage and sell existing products to. This is a future looking, strategic role in team dedicated to transformational innovation.
- Manage the incubation process for new product ideas, including but not limited to: leading ideation sessions, understanding and prioritising researchers problems’, working with team members to design solutions mapped to researchers’ problems, design and test business models, participate in UX and product concept testing, design product prototypes, test market fit
- Make decisions by analysing data from product experiments and conducting user research.
- Build a community of future users and customers and interact regularly with them to ensure full understanding of their wants, needs and perspectives in order to be an effective voice within the business advocating their viewpoint and prioritising the challenges that could be solved by products we create.
- Identify investment and acquisition opportunities by building relationships with existing product teams who are solving problems for social science researchers.
- Collaborate with key team members from across the business to drive efficiencies in the product development process.
- Actively engage in emerging technologies, techniques and innovations to drive strategic business decisions
Skills & Experience:
- Strong knowledge of product management best practices.
- Experience or deep knowledge of the academic sector, especially the research lifecycle
- The ability to work independently, and also closely with colleagues to make things happen
- Good judgement and analytic skills, especially ability to translate MVP and concept testing experiments into product decisions
- Experience working or supporting technical and non-technical colleagues to build and launch MVPs that have turned into successful products
- Good understanding and interest in the latest technology trends
- Strong communication skills
- Comfortable with a fast paced environment and adaptable to change
- Prototyping and design skills beneficial
- Experience with lean tools and methodology beneficial