Morgan Healey Exclusive
Location: France or EU Remote
Salary: Salary on application
Our client, a leading healthcare organisation, is currently looking for a new Publication Specialist to work across a range of Journals, Books and Guidelines.
- Help the Publications Team Manager to coordinate the implementation of the Publications’ strategy
- Assist in the strategic development of the journal and book portfolio to improve content growth, market share, impact factor, editorial speeds
- Act as the Publications Committee Secretary backup, supporting volunteers and serving as primary staff liaison in the absence of the Publications Team Manager
- Participate in business and editorial meetings worldwide, as needed, in person or via tele/video conference
- Supply full support for managing the department budgets, providing input throughout the entire budget cycle and monitoring budgets throughout the year.
- Assist with RFP processes for the publication of products
- Serve as a backup person for all issues concerning Publications business
- Stay updated on all publications matters, including business models, competitors, and major trends in STM (e.g., Open Access initiatives)
- Ensure external polling of day-to-day editorial, production, and publishing operations to identify opportunities for improvement
Skills & Experience:
- Experience in scientific/STM Publishing.
- Be creative, entrepreneurial and enjoy innovating
- Have excellent organisational skills
- Able to travel internationally for meetings and conferences
- Able to communicate and negotiate constructively with members of the medical profession, the media and colleagues
- Able to establish, manage and maintain excellent contacts and networks with key external and internal stakeholders
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be Fluent in English, preferably the mother tongue.
- A good sense of humour appreciated