Salary: On application
Our client, a leading not-for-profit publisher, requires a new Journal Publisher. You will run the journal portfolio and this includes the oversight of their existing journals and open research products.
The role also has responsibility for identifying and researching new ideas and growth opportunities for future journal launches as part of a strategic business development plan for journals and related research products.
The role will monitor products and coordinate a development roadmap, working with external partners and their editorial boards. The role will engage the research community, including development and maintenance of all relevant editorial boards, monitoring trends in relevant subjects and the market, and ensuring those are reflected in our products.
The role will actively engage the market, commissioning content, developing partnerships with leading institutions, demonstrating products and gathering feedback, and working with Sales and Marketing to update promotional material.
Skills & Experience:
- 3+ years of experience in open access journals Publishing roles
- Experience of product ownership
- Demonstrable experience of product development and new product delivery
- Good eye for detail and organisational skills
- Demonstrable ability in written communication, particularly writing news articles
- Confidence in liaising with internal and external contacts
- Ability to develop ideas into proposals, and influence stakeholders