Morgan Healey Exclusive
Salary: On application
Our client, a global not-for-profit, open access publisher, requires a new Regional Director, Publishing Development (Asia) who will be responsible for growing the company's profile and influence in Asia through developing and implementing a regional business strategy in line with the global strategy.
Reporting to the Director, Global Publishing Development, you will be responsible for driving initiatives to engage communities in developing an equitable open research future, while ensuring effective knowledge transfer with functional teams across the business. This will include identifying potential partnerships and developing networks with the research, funder and publisher communities.
You will work closely with senior managers to instil a culture of transparency, collaboration and dynamic leadership across the organisation. You will leverage collaboration as a key strategy in accelerating our momentum while contributing to growing the portfolio’s top and bottom line and furthering the catalytic mission in scientific communication.
Skills & Experience:
- Proven track record in an STM/academic/scholarly publishing environment at a senior level with demonstrable success; detailed knowledge and understanding of scholarly publishing practice and policy and of the markets for scholarly scientific and medical journals
- Wide interest in researchers and scientists and demonstrated ability to engage in productive relationships with them
- Dedication to open access and transforming scholarly communication
- Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of colleagues, in peer-to-peer and management relationships
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and to successfully implement new strategies and business plans, and the flexibility to adapt quickly to change
- Organizational skill to plan and manage resource allocation and budgets to agreed plans, reporting and acting according to changing circumstances
- Business problem solver – operates with curiosity to get to the root of the business problem to ensure the ultimate solution is grounded and in line with strategy and mission.