Morgan Healey Exclusive
Location: UK or Germany
Salary: Excellent, on application
Our client, a global nonprofit, STM publisher, requires a new Regional Sales Director to cover EMEA and APAC.
You will be responsible for the development and execution of new business and retention strategies for academic, government and corporate customers in these regions.
You will be responsible for growing revenue and developing relationships with key consortia groups and senior library management in regions as well as building and maintaining good relationships with partner sales organisations.
You will be responsible for expanding the take-up of their institutional business models to enable an equitable Open research future.
You will work to instil a culture of transparency, collaboration and dynamic leadership across the organisation. You will leverage collaboration as a key strategy in accelerating our momentum while contributing to growing the portfolio’s top and bottom line and furthering the company’s catalytic mission in scientific communication.
You must be prepared to travel to meet customers in the territory and attend conferences, this involves working outside of core hours and with regular regional and international travel.
Skills & Experience:
- Educated to degree level
- Domain knowledge in STM & Academic publishing is required
- Proven Influencing and consultative selling skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and spoken
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and to successfully implement new strategies and business plans, and the flexibility to adapt quickly to change
- Organizational skill to plan and manage resource allocation and budgets to agreed plans, reporting and acting according to changing circumstances
- Business problem solver – operates with curiosity to get to the root of the business problem to ensure the ultimate solution is grounded in the company’s strategy and mission
- Dedication to Open Access and transforming scholarly communication
- Language skills relevant to the territory
- Experience of CRM tool such as Salesforce is desirable