Morgan Healey Exclusive
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Salary: On application
Our client, a leading STM publisher, requires a new Regional Sales Manager for Japan. You will develop and initiate regional Sales for the Japanese market. You’ll use excellent communication skills and sales experience to build and strengthen the business within the academic market.
Working directly with the VP of Sales APAC, your entrepreneurial mindset and negotiation skills will help exceed targeted revenue and call budgets. This will include proposing and initiating new sales pricing and tactics for the market.
You will be responsible for upgrading and expanding existing customers, selling new prospects in the region and managing new and existing relationships with local agents. You will also focus on helping to grow ebooks and archive sales in academic accounts by promoting their digital platform. This will require good technical knowledge and an understanding of the electronic publishing industry.
- Maximising new business growth from the market in Japan
- Collaborating with VP Sales and Marketing and Regional Sales Managers to exceed targeting revenue and call budgets
- Proactivity in reaching out to new prospects, making a minimum number of calls and emails per month
- Developing awareness of our products
- Building and maintaining good relationships with internal stakeholders
- Managing and cultivating external relationships in Japan
Skills & Experience:
- Fluency in Japanese and English (essential)
- Experience of the STM Publishing industry
- Good mathematical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and negotiation skills
- Experience in CRM and other relevant marketing tools
- Good knowledge about the academic market
- Flexibility and willingness to travel