Our client, a global scientific publisher, requires a new Research Communications Manager, China who will manage a programme of author outreach to boost the profile and brand awareness of the company and their products.
As the job holder, you will use marketing and communication techniques in innovative and effective ways to improve awareness and engagement with our audiences in the region.
You will lead on both the marketing strategy and implementing activities to support the aims of the region. You will be confident in liaising with key stakeholders and providing reports and feedback on activities, bringing a focus on growing our customer database and contributing insight into successful marketing tactics and our competition in the market.
key part of the role will require great collaboration skills, working closely with colleagues in Publishing, Marketing and Sales in China and in our offices globally. You will have an enthusiasm for meeting researchers and engaging with our authors.
The role will require travel throughout China and occasionally internationally.
- Degree in the physical sciences essential. Higher degree (MSc or PhD) is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of the academic/research environment in China and worldwide
- A working knowledge of scientific publishing is desirable
- Demonstrate solid knowledge and experience of marketing as well as working knowledge of a variety of marketing channels.
- Ability to obtain and analyse market research and insights to create a clear and practical marketing implementation approach gaining buy-in from a wide range of colleagues.
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills and the ability to make appropriate decisions and take prompt and effective action, if necessary, under pressure of time and circumstances, are essential
- Must possess strong English and Mandarin communications (verbal and written) skills, including public speaking skills
- Demonstrate strategic planning ability as well as organisational, planning and time-management skills