We have an exciting opportunity for a Reviewer Engagement Manager to work for a global STM Publisher.
You will be responsible for setting the strategy and delivering the company’s reviewer training programme and acting as an ambassador within the community.
You will own the roadmap for training and onboarding new reviewers from across the researcher community and define what quality peer review looks like. As an early career researcher champion, you will own online reviewer training and support, host regular training webinars and deliver a series of training events under the "Academy" brand.
You will need to be constantly alert to the needs of early career researchers and changes within the industry and will act as the face of peer review within the publishing and academic community.
- Defining and delivery our peer review strategy to engage and train new external peer reviewers
- Delivering peer review training events
- Managing the schedule of Academy events to support international growth
- Training and supporting reviewers
Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrable experience of working with the reviewer community and understanding their requirements in the STM Publishing market
- Demonstrable data-driven approach to decision making, utilising validated customer feedback and insights as well as business metrics to make decisions
- Experience of continuous improvement and ideally lean methodology;
- Expert user of all relevant analytical and reporting tools (eg Business Objects, Scholar One, SCOPUS, Web of Science)
- Experience of managing successful negotiations
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Ability to influence senior stakeholders and achieve buy-in
- Ability to build strong, effective industry networks worldwide
- Ability to balance short, medium and long term demands and plan appropriately.