Morgan Healey Exclusive
Our client, a leading scientific publisher, requires a new Reviewer Engagement Manager. We are seeking applicants who enjoy keeping up to date with the latest biomedical research, are detail-oriented, have great customer-facing communication skills and previous experience in an outreach role.
The Reviewer Engagement Manager is accountable for design and delivery of best in class reviewer training and engagement programmes serving researchers across China; using a variety of research tools and skills to identify experts suitable to act as peer reviewers for international, cutting edge biomedical research. Strong data analysis skills are a prerequisite. The role will also include line-management of a small team, also based in Beijing.
Reporting to the UK-based Head of Reviewer Programmes, the Reviewer Engagement Manager will collaborate with global colleagues to present training online and in person, to organise reviewer training and engagement events, and to match reviewers with appropriate journals. You will work closely with sales, marketing and editorial colleagues to ensure approaches are aligned with both global departmental objectives and local strategic context.
Skills & Experience:
- A postgraduate qualification, PhD or equivalent, in biomedical sciences
- Data analysis
- Project Management
- Fluent in Mandarin/ Standard Chinese
- A strong command of English spelling and grammar
- Knowledge of publishing and peer review processes
- Industry and market awareness
- Experience in a customer-facing role
- Experience of coaching, mentoring, and adapting to others’ learning styles
- Understanding of skills and tools required for managing change
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office software