Our client a leading global publisher, requires a new Book Sales Director based in Melbourne Australia.
This key role is responsible for leading and managing our Book sales in the Australian market. You will lead and motivate the sales team and generate the development of strategies designed to ensure the widest possible sale of our Books in the market.
- Lead the sales team across the ANZ region
- Responsibility for budget and revenue growth
- Select and highlight priority book product to the sales and product teams, and devise best practice Sales Conference model and format to maximise sales
- Monitor and appraise performance of Sales, Sales Support, Product and Operations team, maximising resources to ensure company is operating at its’ peak
- Keep abreast of the competition and changes in the market and highlight any such changes with proposed actions
- Manage the relationship with Amazon.au and Uni Co-Op Head Office
- Maintain regular contact with other key customers and ensure opportunities are maximised
- Oversee agreement of proposals and negotiation of terms agreements
- Extensive travel to conferences
- Provide industry intelligence and competitive analysis of competing products and purchasing options of our customers.
- In conjunction with editorial and marketing, create product pricing and packaging strategies.
- Keep abreast of current and future product offerings Represent the company on relevant industry body committees
Skills & Experience:
- Experience of leading and managing sales teams and trade channels, often at long-distance
- Experience of book distribution issues, imported product logistics, and familiarisation of systems
- Strong understanding of best commercial practice in local markets
- Strong leadership skills and ability to maximise performance
- Broad knowledge of the academic and professional Publishing industry and market competitor landscape
- Experience of working with external and internal senior stakeholders, and acting as representative on key committees and lobbying groups
- Strong influencing and communication skills