Morgan Healey Retained Assignment
Salary: Six Figure Basic + Excellent Bonus + Benefits
Our client, a global STM Publisher, requires a new Sales Director, EMEA that will focus on increasing global influence, through revenue generation and market-share growth in line with divisional and strategic objectives.
The primary responsibility is forecasting and achieving revenue growth targets, increasing regional market penetration and implementing institutional sales programs.
You will be responsible for defining an optimised strategy, structure and execution for regional sales representation necessary to achieve revenue growth, expand their products and services, grow their customer base and maximise customer satisfaction.
You will work closely with peers to align their marketing and outreach initiatives aimed at broadening awareness of their evolving products and services and demonstrate the value these products bring to the industry.
The candidate needs to be attuned to emerging STM publishing market trends and needs, to be able to represent this region on the global & regional trends such as Open Access/Science, and be able to recommend program and product development, localisation opportunities and counter emerging competitive threats.
You will manage a team of seven including sales representatives, revenue marketing and operational staff and will be part of a leadership team.
Skills & Experience:
- 10+ years of related experience, especially in strategic sales management and international customer management.
- Experience with library-licensing web-based subscription/information services in scientific and technical areas a requirement.
- Demonstrated ability to define strategic opportunities and successfully articulate and operationalise execution plans.
- Strong written, oral and electronic media communication skills required: customer-focused, leadership “presence” desired.
- Demonstrated team building and performance management skills essential for direct management of international sales staff, global institutional customers, and management of agents/distributors preferred.
- Demonstrated familiarity with and use of CRM systems (such as SalesForce)