Morgan Healey Exclusive Assignment
Kudos are seeking a hands-on Sales Director to lead the rapid growth of our business as we expand sales of subscription products and dissemination services to research groups and departments, universities, funders and corporations.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a small but rapidly expanding Oxford-based team focused on providing an innovative online service for academic researchers, research groups, institutions, publishers, societies and funders. Kudos provides tools for planning and managing research dissemination to accelerate and maximize reach and impact. This multi-award-winning service has a global client base, including major publishers and institutions (such as Taylor & Francis, Wiley, SAGE, the Universities of Manchester, Helsinki, Stockholm and ETH Zürich), and 250,000 researchers and academics.
This is a key role within the Kudos senior management team, reporting to the CEO. The Sales Director will be responsible for developing and implementing the Company’s sales strategy, identifying and prioritising new business opportunities and channels and developing business from existing customers. In addition, this role will help determine optimal business models and pricing to balance profit with customer satisfaction, and articulate customer needs to ensure our products are aligned with those needs. As a young, fast-growing company, you will take a hands-on approach as you grow your team, leading by example, managing sales discussions with universities, consortia and funders and ensuring smooth processes are in place for sales to individual research groups and departments.
Skills & Experience:
- Extensive sales management experience, ideally within an information and/or technology sector
- Experience of scaling a sales function, internationally
- Knowledge of university and research sectors an advantage
- Evidence of successfully delivering sales strategy and meeting sales targets
- Coaching, mentoring and leading high-performance sales professionals
- Experience of developing new markets/introducing products and ideas into new areas
- Experience of developing international markets including identifying, implementing and managing successful channel partners/distribution networks
- Entrepreneurial flair and drive plus a structured and analytical approach
- Able to challenge, improve and develop existing practices
- Strong commercial management skills
- Proven strategic skills to assess priorities, developing and implementing effective long-term plans
- Numerate, with strong financial and commercial awareness
- Strong IT capability
- Able to develop business relationships in the customer base at the highest level and manage growth
- A team player and developer, providing constructive interpersonal relationships within the business
- High degree of integrity
- Optimistic, outgoing and focused
- An interest in the research sector would be advantageous