Morgan Healey Exclusive
Location: East Coast USA – Home Based
Salary: Excellent + Uncapped Commission
We are searching for a new Sales Director – Publisher Solutions who will be responsible for selling a range of market-leading scholarly communications products to new publisher prospects and existing clients.
We require an experienced publishing sales/business development professional with a strong network of senior Publisher contacts. You will be prospecting, negotiating, and closing solution sales to a broad range of customers, as well as account management for an assigned set of software professional services customers.
This role requires excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to think about both short- and long-term strategic vision.
- Own end-to-end sales cycle for new business in the publisher market
- Manage and upsell assigned software professional services publisher accounts
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop & deliver innovative solutions to market problems
- Provide feedback to product and business units regarding both prospective and existing customer feedback
- Assist in developing compelling persona-driven positioning and messaging
- Identify trends and track the marketplace. Share insights proactively with business units, product management, marketing and customer-facing teams.
- Work closely with technical and functional teams, key senior stakeholders/leadership to execute and report on the results of key initiatives; share key learnings with product teams and others; make recommendations about future improvements
- Attend relevant industry tradeshows, prospect, and customer meetings
- Guide product marketing strategy and execution to support sales targets
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of proven B2B solution selling/sales experience.
- Knowledge of the publishing industry/market
- A proven record of accomplishment in successfully prospecting, negotiating, and closing complex sales.
- Demonstrated a history of meeting or exceeding quarterly and annual sales goals and quotas.
- Curious personality with excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel approximately 25% of the time