Our client, a leading provider of sales, marketing and distribution services to independent publishers worldwide requires a new Sales & Marketing Director for a 10 month Maternity Cover.
The successful candidate will lead the London office and oversee sales in the UK and Europe for the distribution client publishers to achieve maximum sales profitability and growth. In this role, this person will be responsible for developing and executing strategic initiatives, effectively represent the sales point of view for these markets, and create and maintain effective working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of the current UK and European retail landscape, excellent existing customer relationships, and a commercial sales background. This role requires excellent communication and analytical skills with proven management experience to provide effective support and leadership to our UK office.
Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years Sales Director experience
- 8+ years of sales experience within a trade publishing environment with proven and quantifiable result
- Knowledge of UK and European markets, including experience selling into both UK and European key accounts and specifically selling into Amazon UK
- Operational knowledge within the publishing industry
- Experience leading and managing high performance teams
- Proven track record of achieving ambitious targets, excellent customer relationships, and the analytical skills to deliver profitable sales
- Outgoing, ambitious, and flexible with excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a small team environment, which includes a collaborative attitude and client-facing communication with publishers
- In-depth knowledge of adult nonfiction categories and a passion for authors and independent publishing