Our client, a leading STM publisher requires a new Senior Commissioning Editor who will become a key member of the Open Access publishing team.
You will be responsible for contributing to a 3-year new product strategy in key areas that support the overarching STM OA growth/investment strategy. They will be responsible for product ideation, research, development, launch and execution.
The role will balance high levels of academic knowledge with entrepreneurial skills and a keen interest in driving new online product innovation and development. The candidate must possess an interest and knowledge of Open Access journal publishing and Open Research.
Skills & Experience:
- Higher degree in a scientific subject. Experience in an STM journal environment.
- Managing relationships with external editors, authors and societies. Ideating, scoping and launching new STM products.
- Knowledge and understanding of OA and OR policies and environments.
- Organisational and project management skills.
- Numerical analysis and financial planning/management.
- Energetic and self-driven. Innovative and entrepreneurial.
- Well organised and methodical.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills.
- Enthusiasm and flexibility to adapt to new responsibilities as they arise.