Morgan Healey Exclusive
Our client is a leading global technology business that is creating marketing leading, innovative tools, in partnership with the community to tackle some of the biggest challenges to research.
The client is now looking to hire an experienced Data Scientist that will research, design and build analytic tools and reports based on datasets at the request of customers. These datasets include close to 200 million records – scientific publications, patents, policy documents, funding award projects, datasets and links between those.
The methods you will be using include aggregation on various levels, identification of anomalies, and linking additional internal and external data sets. Furthermore, machine learning clustering techniques are increasingly used (e.g topic modelling). You will have an opportunity to access and help improve virtually all data supported by their products. Furthermore, you will regularly need to get familiar with the domain a customer is operating in (e.g treatments of a particular disease) to be able to discuss in-depth interpretations of results with customers.
Skills & Experience:
- Experience using; Bidirectional Encoder Representations from Transformers (BERT), Hugging Face transformers, Span classification, Spacy, Prodigy(annotation tool) and Clustering.
- You can translate customer needs into feasible data analytics approaches.
- You can demonstrate, communicate and promote the value of data and analytic capabilities both inside and outside the company
- Ability to discuss data science with non-technical customers in their scientific domain.
- Being able to write or review scientific publications is useful