Location: London, UK
Salary: On Application
Our client, a global academic publisher, requires a new Senior Marketing Communications Manager Open Access to join their fast-paced Researcher Marketing team.
The main purpose of the role is to produce accurate email campaigns to deadline and effectively manage and support line reports to achieve their objectives. Play an active role in the development and implementation of best email practices, team processes and protocols and marcomm strategies within the team. Lead and contribute to projects and initiatives in support of the department goals.
If you’re passionate about the importance of academic and scientific research, understand the value that effective marketing has, and want to advance your career in a progressive and innovative environment, then this role is for you.
- Develop and manage end-to-end email marketing campaigns, including writing copy, targeting audiences, and building HTML to drive submissions and usage for journals
- Ensure marketing communications deploy on schedule
- Undertake campaign analysis and share with stakeholders, while recommending changes to increase the effectiveness of the campaign strategy and maximize return
- Manage, coach, and develop direct reports, supporting them in implementing marcomm processes, strategies, and best practices
- Lead projects and initiatives in support of team objectives
- Build positive relationships with stakeholders and actively build the team’s profile
Skills & Experience:
- Experience in STM/Academic Publishing
- Eager to apply your email marketing expertise in the next step of your marketing communications career
- Comfortable juggling tasks simultaneously, establishing priorities, and managing people’s expectations
- A team player who enjoys collaborating on tasks and working with others to achieve great results
- A strong copywriter who can communicate with passion and energy
- An eagle-eyed proof-reader with a keen attention to detail
- Adept at handling data, effectively segmenting audiences, and analysing the performance of campaigns
- Quick at picking up new programs and processes
- An experienced manager who thrives in coaching and developing your direct reports
- Proficient leading projects with business-level impact