Morgan Healey Exclusive
Salary: £60,000 – £70,000 Basic
Our client, a global STM publisher, requires a new Senior Marketing Manager, Institutional Partnerships. You will be responsible for developing the strategic direction and leading communications, marketing and outreach efforts to strengthen relationships with their institutional partners, to educate the community on our open science initiatives and engage current and prospective institutional buyers of open access transformative publishing agreements.
You will work closely with sales colleagues and marketing colleagues to develop, lead and execute a variety of programs driving the adoption and usage of open access, transformative, Read + Publish Agreements globally.
You will also be tasked with strategising new tactics to achieve the overall objective of strengthening relationships with the academic market, driving engagement with key outreach initiatives and homegrown products/platforms, positioning them as a leader in the scholarly open access publishing movement, supporting transformative agreement renewals and driving new revenue.
You will execute a number of pre-sales marketing and communications plans designed to communicate the value propositions of open access programs to institutional buyers, administrators, and authors.
Skills & Experience:
- Degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or related area
- 7+ years of related experience. Previous marketing experience with aN STM publisher, Business Publisher is required.
- 2+ years management experience required.
- Solid understanding of open access and successful experience in managing a product portfolio or customer channel.
- Some business travel is expected.
- Knowledge of print and electronic information products
- Experience delivering public, informational webinars
- Expert MS Office skills (spreadsheets, word processing and database applications)
- Expert skills with marketing automation systems
- Strong digital marketing skills (direct email and social media copywriting)
- Strong WordPress website management and analytics skills