Morgan Healey Exclusive
Our client, a global STM publisher, requires a new Senior Marketing Manager for their Open Access Journals portfolio. Managing a small team you will be responsible for promoting a group of successful Open Access journals.
- Lead the marketing strategy for a suite of journals, with a focus on promoting group or discipline-specific campaigns.
- Collect and analyse journal data, with the ultimate goal of growing audience usage.
- Identify, implement, and promote strategies to grow authorship. Personalise outreach to key regions or institutions and build awareness within the open access community. Educate researchers on the benefits of open access and the funding that may be available to them, especially those subject to “Read and Publish” agreements.
- Manage integrated marketing campaigns to include content marketing, social media marketing, email marketing, SEO, event marketing, direct mail, and media buys for this set of journals.
- Launch new journals/products as need arises. Assess the open access market developments, including competitor activities and trends.
- Develop a comprehensive annual strategic plan for the suite of journals as well as each individual title
- Financial – Plan and manage resources to deliver objectives and return on investment. Manage APC/revenue goals for journal titles. Manage the marketing and promotional budgets
Skills & Experience:
- Degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or related area
- 7+ years of related experience. Previous marketing experience with a publisher, or library vendor, is required.
- 2+ years management experience required.
- Solid understanding of open access and successful experience in managing a product portfolio or customer channel.
- Some business travel is expected.