Morgan Healey Exclusive
Location: Beijing, China
Salary: On application
Our client, a leading STM society publisher, requires a new Senior Publisher to oversee a group of 7 journals. You will be responsible for the performance and day-to-day management of a portfolio of journals, managing and motivating the Publishing team, and overseeing commissioning and managing resources and budgets.
- Ensure that each journal within the portfolio is resourced appropriately.
- Develop strategies and plans for all journals within the portfolio,
- Develop a portfolio strategy in line with market trends and business strategy and working with the Associate Director of Product Development, identify new launch opportunities in line with this Provide effective line management of the Publishers, Associate Publishers and Journal Publishing Assistant(s) within the portfolio.
- Act as publishing expert for the portfolio and as the escalation point for the team for issues which require complex resolution.
- Champion growth and innovation within the team.
- Develop and mentor direct reports and develop talent within the portfolio and across Journals Development, in conjunction with the other Senior Publishers.
- Working with the Associate Director, Journals Management, ensure that the commissioning strategy at portfolio and title level is fit for purpose.
- Ensure the team understands the commissioning strategies for the portfolio and titles
- As a commissioning expert, ensure that departmental commissioning processes are adhered to and troubleshoot commissioning issues with alternative solutions and tactics.
Skills & Experience:
- First degree or PhD Physical or life science degree is desirable
- STM Publishing experience
- Previous experience as a Publisher
- People management experience
- Financial budgeting experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to motivate a team to success
- Collaborative approach to team management and working with peers.