Morgan Healey Exclusive
Location: Hybrid UK
Salary: On application
Our client, a leading STM publisher requires a new journal publisher reporting to the Head of Journals Development. You’ll be responsible for the performance of the Bio & Environmental Science portfolio of journals which includes overseeing journals and commissioning strategy, managing resources and budgets, as well as line management of the journals portfolio team.
You will develop portfolio- and journal-level strategies and motivate the team to deliver the commissioning plans, achieving sustained growth and delivery of key targets. This will require advanced line management skills and the ability to forge a strong team-working ethos, whilst focusing on individual team member development.
You will have responsibility for managing team member resource across your portfolio and will ensure that plans and activities are commercial and delivered in line with business strategy and budget.
Skills & Experience:
- A first degree or PhD
- Physical or life science degree desirable
- Significant STM Journals publishing experience
- Extensive experience of managing and motivating a team
- Experience of managing and maintaining financial budgets
- Excellent communication skills
- A Collaborative approach to team management and to working with peers.